Many times when people come for pre-marital counseling, they have already made the decision to get married, set the date, booked the church, and sent out invitations. It makes it hard for them to back out if they decide they or their future spouse are not really ready for this lifetime commitment. Here is a list of questions to ask and answer before for you say “I Do”.Please don’t get married if . . . . .
- You’re unwilling to put the needs of another person above your own.
- You’re easily offended, carry grudges or unwilling to forgive.
- You’re an abusive person.
- You’re unwilling to commit.
- You have unresolved addiction problems.
- Your career is the most important thing in your life.
- You don’t share the same beliefs values life priorities or vision.
- You’re unwilling to be an active partner sexually with your spouse.
- You’re unwilling to agree on an approach to finances, children, life decisions.Or, if you expect your spouse to change after marriage.